Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Moissanite? / What Are These Stones? / Is This A Cubic Zirconia?
- Moissanite is a category of gemstone with fire, brilliance and lustre more than any other gemstones in the world including diamonds!
- It is NOT a cubic zirconia which is just a piece of glass
- It is a gemstone which looks and lasts like a Diamond forever
- It is created in a laboratory
How Close Are Moissanites To Diamonds?
- Moissanites look exactly like Diamonds in VVS1 clarity and FG colour
- They test as diamonds on a diamond tester. In fact, they are such a close match to diamonds that even a jeweller cant identify Moissanites by naked eyes !
What Is The Cost Difference Between A Moissanite And A Diamond? / What Is The Cost Of Moissanite? / How Affordable Is A Moissanite?
- Bejeweled Moissanite Solitaires cost about 3% the price of a diamond!
- A 1 ct Diamond in FG color VVS1 clarity would cost approximately INR 4,50,000 versus a 1 ct Moissanite of the same quality for INR 4,000.
How Is A Moissanite Made? / How Are These Stones Made?
- Moissanite was discovered from meteorites by a Russian scientist Henry Moissan but are now created in a laboratory by a proprietary process from Carbon & Silica.
Does Moissanite Last Forever Like Diamonds?
- YES! Essentially composed of carbon and silica, it has an incredible hardness of 9.25 just next to diamonds. This would never let it scratch or become cloudy with wear or dull with time.
Are Moissanite Real? / How Are They Different From Diamonds?
- Moissanites are gemstones by themselves since they have their own identity. If given to a laboratory for testing they are certified as Moissanite Gemstones.
- They are different from Diamonds only in their chemical properties and NOT physical properties. Which means that they look and shine like a diamond forever but chemically Diamonds are pure Carbon whereas Moissanite is a compound consisting of Silica & Carbon (SiC). But this does NOT affect the durability of a Moissanite in any way!
Is The Jewelry Set In Gold?
- Yes, all our Jewelry is set in 14k or 18k Gold. The colour of the gold can be chosen from White, Yellow or Rosegold.
- All of our Jewelry is 100% solid gold and not gold plated
Are Moissanites Available In All Shapes & Sizes?
- Yes, Moissanites are available in all shapes Like Round, Princess, Pear, Square, Oval, Trillion, Triangle, Marquise, Emerald and Cushion
- They are also available in all sizes from 0.05 ct to 15 ct
On The Website, It Shows A Pair Of Solitaire Earrings Is 1ct each – Does It Mean 1ct Each Or 1ct For The Pair?
- It means 1 ct each i.e. for the 1ct + 1ct for pair and refers to total equivalent weight in Diamonds as per the mm size
Is There Free Shipping? / What Are The Shipping Charges?
- We provide free shipping on all orders above Rs. 5000 within India